9. März 2020
Medical Certificate concerning the entry from SARS-CoV-2 risk areas
Verordnung des Bundesministers für Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege und Konsumentenschutz über Maßnahmen bei der Einreise aus SARS-CoV-2 Risikogebieten
Gemäß § 25 Epidemiegesetz 1950, BGBl. Nr. 186/1950, zuletzt geändert durch das Bundesgesetz BGBl. I Nr. 37/2018, und die Bundesministeriengesetz-Novelle 2020, BGBl. I Nr. 8/2020, wird verordnet:
(1) After arrival by air to austria, Austrian citizens, eea-/eu-citizens, swiss nationals as well as family members of these persons living in the same household and foreigners holding a Visa D published by Austria or foreigners holding an Austrian residence permit or a documentation of the right of residence according Austrian settlement and residence law or asylum law immediately have to start a 14-day self-monitored home-quarantine and to confirm this by signature, unless their immediate departure is ensured. If self-monitored home-quarantine cannot be ensured, these persons will be accomodated for 14 days which must not be left, unless their immediate departure is ensured. Quarantine can be quit if a molecular biological of sars-cov-2, performed during the quarantine, is negative. Austrian citizens, eea-/eu-citizens or swiss nationals providing a molecular biological of sars-cov-2 which is negative and is not older than 4 days do not need to start home-quarantine or qarantine.
(2) Third-country nationals (see note 1) not covered by 1) are not allowed to enter austria from outside the schengen area. Exempted are staff of diplomatic missions, staff of international organisations as well as family members of these staff-members if living in the same household, humanitarian forces, nursing and health workers, seasonal workers in the field of agriculture and forestry, transit passengers as well as persons working in the area of transport of goods.
(3) Third-country nationals (see note 1) entering austria from the schengen are and staff of diplomatic missions as well as family members of these employees if living in the same household, humanitarian forces, nursing and health workers, seasonal workers in the field of agriculture and forestry, transit passengers as well as persons working in the area of transport of goods are only allowed to enter austria by air if they can provide a medical certificate in german or english confirming that a molecular biological of sars-cov-2 is negative and is not older than 4 days. if the certificate cannot be provided these persons will be accomodated for 14 days, unless there immediate departure is ensured. quarantine can be quit if a molecular biological of sars-cov-2, performed during the quarantine, is negative.
(4) This decree does not apply to crews of passenger, cargo, rescue and ambulance, repatriation or ferry/positioning flights as well as for aviation personnel, which is repositioned to maintain operations,for members of the Austrian armed forced who return from missions abroad, for persons who enter austria for the imperative interest of austria as well as for reasons worth considering n the family circle, which has to be made credible at control. note 1: third-country nationals are nationals from all remaining states except Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden as well as United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
FROM: 01 MAY 2020 00:00 TO: 31 MAY 2020 23:59
COVID-19: passengers requirements the republic of Austria, Federal Ministry for Health has enacted following regulation concerning the need to wear protective masks on board aircraft in respect of SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19:
1) entering the aicraft-cabins is only permitted if a so called mechanical protective device covering mouth and nose is worn as a barrier against droplet infection.
2) exempted are children up to the age of six.
FROM: 01 MAY 2020 00:01 TO: 30 JUN 2020 23:59